Board Of Education
Julian Union High School District Philosophy
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Every student in the district, regardless of gender, special needs, social, ethnic, language or economic background has a right to a high-quality education that challenges the student to achieve to his/her fullest potential.
- The future of our nation and community depends on students possessing the skills to be lifelong learners and effective, contributing members of society.
- A safe, nurturing environment is necessary for learning.
- Parents/guardians have a right and an obligation to participate in their child's schooling.
- The ability of children to learn is affected by social, health and economic conditions and other factors outside the classroom.
- Early identification of student learning and behavioral difficulties contribute to student access.
- Students and staff respond positively to high expectations and recognition for their accomplishments.
- Continuous school improvement is necessary to meet the needs of students in a changing economy and society.
- The diversity of the student population and staff enriches the learning experience for all students.
- A highly skilled and dedicated staff has a direct and powerful influence on students' lives and learning.
- A high level of communication, trust, respect and teamwork among Board members and Superintendent contributes to effective decision-making.
- The community provides an essential resource to the educational program.
- Effective communication with all stakeholders helps build support for the schools.
- Accountability for the district's programs and operations is shared by the entire educational community.
DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Katy Moretti, President firstname.lastname@example.org
(Dec. 2018-Dec. 2022)
Erik Fleet, Vice President email@example.com
(Dec. 2018-Dec. 2022)
Chris Sanders, Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
(Dec. 2020-Dec. 2024)
Nori Chandler, Member email@example.com
Brandon Fender, Member firstname.lastname@example.org
(Oct. 2021-Dec. 2022)
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE FOR 2021
Regular meetings are held at Julian Union High School, 1656 Hwy 78, Julian, CA 92036 @ 5:30 PM in room 4. (Typically, regular meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month, unless specified otherwise. Please see below.)
- January 20
- February 17
- March 10 (2nd Thursday - 2nd Interim Budget Report Approval)
- April 21
- May 19
- June 9 (2nd Thursday – LCAP, Budget Approval)
- July – Dark
- August 18
- September 8 (2nd Thursday – Unaudited Actuals)
- October 27 (4th Thursday to accommodate attendance at Special Education Critical Issues Conference (Legal Updates))
- November 17
- December 15 (2nd Tuesday - 1st Interim Budget Report & Annual Organizational Mtg.)